Saturday, August 13, 2011

Migraine

There were times when I was little when my mom would have a "migraine".  I heard this word a few times way back then.  I knew that meant that she had a bad headache and that we had to leave her alone and that she would go into her bedroom and make it really dark.  A little while later she would come out and continue her mother-wife duties.......clean up, cook dinner, polish her nails. And all that other stuff that Supermom would do.

Well now, I am a mom and a wife and I occasionally have

MIGRAINES.

Today was one of those days.  And it was probably my 2nd to worst one yet.
**My #1 migraine landed me in the emergency room with morphene.....At one point today I almost thought to have R take me to the hospital.  I was pretty close.

Anyway.

In all of my pain and discomfort I knew that my family had to eat so I set out to fix dinner.  Why did I think I could be Supermom? 

I couldn't even finish.  My Superhusband saved the day.  He sent me to bed. Finished cooking what looked like delicious steak fajita quesadillas and fed Ryan.  He kept her away from me (I couldn't even play with her today-broke my heart. and hers).  I heard them playing and watching t.v.  I even heard her come knocking on my door at one point looking for me.

I don't know what I would have done without him.

I love him.

He loves me.  (even when I have a migraine, an attitude, and when I'm "nagging")

Thank you God for sending him to me.

He's all mine.  He's wonderful.

I love you husband. ;)

1 comment: