Monday, July 11, 2011

Family Vacation

R and I have always enjoyed taking trips.  Not just big summer vacations but little weekend getaways too.  See..........
New Orleans

Barbados
Memphis (it was REALLY COLD)
 
Aruba

Dallas



For the Cotton Bowl!

And friends weddings............all over
But now weekend getaways are far and few between and there is a whole new definition of "Vacation" with a 1 year old in tow.  We have graduated to the all important "Family Vacation".

Initially, I wanted to go BIG.  I'm talking Florida.  But my loving husband reminded me that Ryan would not remember it and he was not going to pay $1000 for plane tickets to fulfill my fantasy of flying on an airplane with a baby to see what it's like. (Yes, I just wanted to fly on an airplane with her--I mean she flies for free right now and it looks cute pushing a stroller and cute baby through the airport, right?)

Then, I suggested Dallas.  My favorite city in the USA.  Dallas is not R's favorite city so that was out.  Besides, he reminded me that didn't count because we used to live there.

So now, I'm totally stressed trying to figure out where we would go on our first Family Vacation. As I began to plan. and research. and decide. I started to have anxiety about it......

These were my thoughts:

I've never traveled with a kid by myself (we took a trip in the fall but my mother came along to help out and babysit)
What if she cries from being stuck in the car for TOO LONG?
What do I need to pack?
How long should we stay?
I still wish we could go somewhere on the AIRPLANE
What kind of entertainment......can't go dancing all night with a baby
What will she eat.....I'm kind of picky about what I feed her and I won't be able to cook what I KNOW she will eat.

My thoughts were neverending. (Did I mention that I have a little anxiety mixed with OCD?)

At any rate the decision was made.  We were taking our very first Family Vacation to (drumroll please).................

BRANSON, MISSOURI!!!!  (it's o.k. to LOL)

My thinking:
It's only about 3 hours away so she shouldn't cry.
We'll just shop and eat--I mean, can't be too much of nightlife (my style) in Branson.
It's just a long weekend trip.
Food--I did my research and there is a huge variety of restaurants.
Lastly, I pricelined and googled and reviewed MANY hotels and found a really nice one with an indoor pool.

Perfect.  Off to Branson we go!!


"Take me to Branson!!"

Playing in the hotel.  I brought PLENTY of toys.....

and bubbles! (she really likes them)

 

We ate here...

They had a bear that she was scared of........


We had our first experience swimming.  (She wasn't a happy baby-I might try to upload the video!)

Good ole fried chicken
Trying to get a "family picture".



Our nightlife


















She really enjoyed walking to the elevator by herself. every time we left the room.

We shopped 'til we dropped
It was a WONDERFUL trip!!!
I love having my own family.  It's something I have always dreamed (not sure about grammar??) about and a true blessing. 

My big thoughts (Florida on a plane) didn't even matter anymore.  Our little Branson vacation was just the right size for all of us.  I guess I'll add a day or two each trip......and maybe not pack so many toys.........and make sure I get a good hotel again..........there I go again.  Planning and planning and stressing for nothing!

But for real, I can't wait for our next Family Vacation.......hopefully to a destination that requires flying before she turns 2 when her plane ticket won't be free.

I think Ryan had a REALLY GOOD TIME too.

Although I brought PLENTY of toys.  Her favorite thing was pushing the chair around the hotel room.

And all that pushing chairs and walking to the elevator must have worn her out.
I am so thankful for my family.  I am so happy.

2 comments:

  1. i'm jealous of the trip and shopping!

    great pictures. looks like you all had a fun time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute!!!! Tee Te little girl, doing her own thing :) Just like me :)

    Please slow down, they grow up so quick!!! :(

    ReplyDelete