Thursday, July 28, 2011

Summer of a temporary "Stay-at-Home-Mom"

This has been the best summer ever.  Staying home with my angel has been wonderful.  I have spoiled myself and officially don't think I could ever teach summer school or have a job that requires a lot of work during the summer months (especially July). 

Here is (was) my summer to-do list:
  1. Paint built-in bookcase downstairs
  2. Organize our home office space (it is AWFUL)
  3. Research and begin the process of starting our family business
  4. Begin a work-out routine
  5. Study up on my ESL research for work
Here is what I actually did this summer:
  1. Took daily naps with Ryan (I still believe in sleeping when the baby sleeps)
  2. Tried some new recipes
  3. MASTERED the art of temporary "Stay-at-Home-Mom"-ness
  4. Talked to my grandmother a minimum of 3 times each day (and visited her at least 1-2 times a week)
  5. Learned to love play-dates
I did not accomplish anything from my original list. 

I have one week (sadness) to see how many of those things I can get accomplished..........

while still being a temp SAHM (my new acronym).

No comments:

Post a Comment