Here is how this story goes.
Me - "No baby, I don't like sushi. Do you like sushi rolls?"
In my mind I'm wondering what does she know about sushi. I just assumed that maybe there was a birthday party at her school and someone brought sushi to share?? I asked if she had tasted sushi before and she said yes and I was a bit confused but I was also busy trying NOT to burn the veggies so...I don't know, I rolled with it.
Ryan - "Well mama, I like sushi rolls. They taste so good. I really like sushi rolls."
Me - "Okay, well maybe one day we can go get you some sushi rolls."
and I finish cooking our wonderful dinner of tilapia, rice, and sautéed veggies (zucchini, broccoli, carrots, and spinach) - one of the RC girls favorite meals.
Fast forward to the dinner table....
We all sat down to eat our lovely meal. Reagan had finally stopped crying - food is one of the only things that makes her be quiet and we are all having friendly dinner time conversation.
Ryan - "Mama, I'm full. Can I be done now?"
Me - "I need you to take one more bite of your fish and then you can get up"
Ryan - "O.k., then can I have dessert. You promised me that I could have dessert after dinner today"
Because at the House of Hamptons, dessert is not an everyday thing. I do not want my girls to get in the habit of thinking they are supposed to have something sweet every evening after dinner.
Me - "Yes, baby. I promised you could have dessert. What would you like?"
Ryan - " I want something out of that bowl", as she points to the candy/fruit dish sitting on the counter.
Me - "Okay, what would you like?", as I take the bowl off the counter so that she can reach what she wants.
Ryan - "I want that sushi roll", as she grabs a Tootsie Roll from the dish.
The End.
Just like that.
I hope you are laughing as hard as R and I laughed this evening.
This is too cute! I am also glad to see I am not the only mom with a child that constantly asks "can I be done" so she can leave the dinner table.
ReplyDeleteI will be asking Chanel for a "sushi roll" for the rest of the day :). TOOO CUTE!!!
ReplyDelete