Sunday, September 25, 2011

A Manual

Apparently, in my family when your baby is sick the question is "are you pregnant?". 

My mother and grandmother believe that an ill child is possibly a sign of prenancy because the ill one is demanding so much attention....

When my grandmother was pregnant with my uncle, my aunt STAYED sick.  My grandmother says that my aunt knew that she was pregnant before she did.  And my aunt STAYED sick the entire pregnancy AND was "sickly" for the first few months after the new baby had arrived.

For the past month, Ryan has had her share of childhood viruses, bacteria, and teething.  Whenever I call the elders for their diagnosis the first question they ask me is "Natisha, you aren't pregnant are you?"

No. No. and No.

Once again, I am sitting here debating about when to give up and take her to the hospital OR not.....

I remember posting on facebook.....some 15 months ago when we first brought her home and she cried ALL NIGHT. 

"Is there a manual?"

Well here I am 15 months later and

I NEED a manual.

I need a rule book that says something along these lines:

"When she does this..........Do this........."   "When this happens......... Follow these steps......"

Before I have another baby I'm going to medical school so that I can properly diagnose and prescribe whatever we need.

And then I will write the manual that all first time parents need.

1 comment: