What began as a normal Sunday ended with a trip to the Emergency Room. Out of nowhere my angel Ryan Claire had a temperature of 101.5 and it was climbing.
By the time we got to see the triage nurse it was 103.5.
10 minutes later she had a siezure..........her temp had reached 105 +!!
Sad picture below.............
My poor baby was hooked up, poked, stuck, x-rayed, in and out of crying spells.........you get the picture.
All in all, we kept our composure because we knew who was in control. (Thank you Jesus for your healing power)
Finally, we were released.
The diagnosis:
Febrile Seizure brought on by a Fever Virus
Really? That's all they could tell me? I learned that when doctor's DON'T KNOW they just add the word "virus" to the end of your symptom. We went home with these instructions:
- Give her Tylenol and Motrin (alternating) around the clock
- She'll probably have a fever for a couple of days.
- She could have another seizure--if so, do this............(didn't have to! Thank God)
- Call us if.............(but none of the "IFs" happened so it's all good)
We just don't get the common cold. We get pneumonia (Yes, daddy and daughter had it within months of each other)
We can't just get our ears pierced one good time--(Ryan had to go have her's re-done because they turned out uneven). Second time around they are fine.
We don't get an ear infection. She get's a double ear infection with a prescription for the strongest and WORST antibiotic that gives little babies a nasty diaper rash.....
So, now that I have that off my chest, a week later you would never know that this little girl right here.
is the same child who, a week ago was as SICK as she was.
Lord I ask for no more Emergency Room Interventions.
Here was our wonderful week.
The sunshine after the rain......
Playing dress up while I was cleaning out her closet. (Yes, that's a real tiara)
Just before our family walk this morning.
"Riding" my nephews bike.....I know what she'll be getting for Christmas!
Getting a ball to throw with her daddy. (Yes, I do allow her to play catch.......every once in a while)
(Random and My last thought,
I want a new camera. Unfortunately, my Sony Cybershot is so slow I NEVER get good pictures anymore. She moves too fast and the "click" never shoots when it's supposed to!!!
So I hope I know what I'll get for Christmas.)
I love Ryan.

No comments:
Post a Comment