Saturday, April 16, 2016

The Prince has arrived

It all began the Saturday before.  I felt funny all day.  That night (early am hours) I began to have contractions.  I didn't think anything of it BUT it did last a while so I began to time them.
No consistency.  Not stronger.  I figured false alarm.

Monday, March 14 I had a doctor's appointment.  It was my 37 week checkup.

I had an inkling that labor had probably began from those pains I had began to have over the weekend.  But little did I know that it was for real showtime.

Here are the texts to some of my friends.  The beginning of Ps birth story via text:





By the time I checked in I was 5... a little while later the meds started and I progressed.

Unexpectedly (but gladly!!!!)  I had an entire family team during this labor.  Russell and my mom (of course - my A team), then I decided to add my photographer, my sister Chanel.

Then my dad decided he wanted to stop by with my nephew Jaiden and then my awesome sister-in-law came up with a few last minute things I asked her to pick up.

Everyone stayed and we all entertained each other until it was time to push a few hours later.

My A-team was in place during the delivery and about 15 minutes later the rest of the family returned to this...


*Worth noting - my actual "push" time was less than a minute.  Record breaking for me.
ONE MINUTE and ONE PUSH.
And he arrived.
6 lbs. 10 oz. 20 in. at 37 weeks @ 1:37 a.m.

Healthy.  Happy.  Baby Boy.

Here are a few more pics from labor and delivery.




Prince Pace Charles Hampton
March 15, 2016
my "PayDay" baby

4 weeks

No comments:

Post a Comment