I had a work conference in Chicago in July which worked out for me because it was also during my birthday week. So my work trip turned into a birthday trip getaway with my honey.
If you recall (or not because I'm not sure I ever blogged about it :( ) we visited Chicago last summer for my family reunion which also doubled as our family vacation. We had a good time then hanging out with the family but I'll tell you, Chicago was a GREAT time as a weekend trip with my love. Just the two of us. It was awesome. The conference was at a beautiful hotel in a beautiful little Chicago suburb with easy access to the train. It was a 20-30 minute ride into downtown so for us it was not a problem. Before my honey arrived I even had time to have lunch with an old college friend who lives in Chicago.
We went out to eat.
We rode the train.
We tasted food at the world famous "Taste of Chicago" food festival.
We ate Chicago-style deep dish pizza.
We saw Cub and White Sox fans galore.
We visited the Magnificent Mile.
We did a boat cruise on the Lake Michigan and took in the fabulous views of the Chicago skyline. We even took a detour into some random neighborhood while riding the train back to the hotel one evening. Just because I wanted to see what's at this stop that seemed popular with lots of 30-somethings because every time we rode the train they seem to be all getting off at that stop.
It was great to get away. Just the two of us. I believe that once you're married and have kids, it is important to not forget about each other.
I love my Russell. For sure. Forever.




No comments:
Post a Comment