Sunday, November 23, 2014

Day Care (Baby School)

I had the luxury of staying home with Reagan until she was 3 and 1/2 months old.  When I returned to work after the holidays last year, I had arranged for her to go to an in-home daycare.  Apparently while I was at home playing SAHM, another baby took her spot, although I was under the impression that could not happen - long story that I will not revisit at this time - so luckily my grandmother was willing and able (Reagan's great-grand) and she took care of our sweet baby. 

There were occasions when I would even have to call on my dad to babysit when my grandmother had a doctor's appointment or needed to run errands or just needed a day off.  We have plenty of family around to keep our girls.

Then the time came where Reagan needed to transition to

Day Care.  Why?

My grandmother is getting older and I just didn't want to burden her with having to keep our very active little girl full time.  Although my grandmother is a trooper, I could tell that taking care of lil miss RC2 was weighing on her.  With that in mind the search for Baby School began (because that sounds so much better than Day Care).

After lots of research, visiting, asking for referrals, playing with numbers (i.e. budget) we finally settled on a place referred to by our neighbors.  I visited a couple of times and upon visiting I immediately felt a sense of love, comfort, and cleanliness.  I took my mother and my grandmother to check the place out in case I was crazy (RC1 stayed with my grandmother until she was 2 years old so choosing her preschool was, well just different).  Everyone weighed in and the decision was made with a start date for the middle of August.

A couple of weeks prior to rc2's first day, I had to stop by to drop of some paperwork.  As I spoke with the director (an angel) I began to cry. I was super emotional from just dropping off paperwork. 
She gave me a hug and assured me they would take care of my baby.  Then an older lady (reminiscent of a grandmother) stepped out of the baby room (Reagan's future classroom and one of her teachers) and said, "We're gonna love on that baby and take care of that baby, don't you worry" and she gave me a pat on the back.  That was the moment I know the Lord was telling me it was going to be okay.

Reagan transitioned well.  She only cried the first two days and after that she was a pro.  I couldn't have asked for a more perfect fit for us.  Small.  Loving. Christian.

Fast forward to the week of October 20.  When I arrived to pick up Reagan that day I was given a letter in an envelope and pulled to the side by the interim director (a couple of weeks earlier the director left to pursue another career opportunity).  She said the day care would be closing because they had yet to find a replacement director and had been also attempting to find additional staff with no luck.  Due to these circumstances the last day would be November 25.

When I got in the car I called my grandmother and just cried and cried.  I had to sit in the parking lot for a while until I got myself together. 
Then I called my hubby. Then my mom. Then my sister.

It had taken me months to find this baby school and now I have to start over. 
Reagan had just gotten fully used to baby school and her teachers and her new schedule.
Now I have to start over.

Tomorrow will be Reagan's last day at her first baby school.  I will probably cry at drop off and pick up.  We were blessed for this short period of time to have had the BEST childcare aside from me or my grandmother for rc2.  I pray with all my heart that the Lord blesses Ms. Karen, Ms. Suzi, Ms. Beth, and Ms. Lanae.  I am so grateful that they were the ones to take care of my precious baby.  Ms. Beth was right, "We're gonna love on that baby and take care of that baby, don't you worry" .  They did this wholeheartedly and for that I am truly thankful. 

(FYI - After much worry and prayer, we have found a new baby school. I feel like they will live up to the old place although our original spot will always be dear to my heart)

No comments:

Post a Comment