Sunday, January 29, 2012

Notes

As a mother I always find myself telling people about this
"love I never knew I could have"
and how "I could never imagine that it would be like this"
and "this is a blessing beyond what I thought"
and "she is just an angel" "she such a sweet baby"
etc, etc.

I say these things all the time.  I don't even think twice about proclaiming my love and happiness with her. 
While all these things still hold true my language in describing motherhood and Ryan have come to a different phase...thanks to toddlerhood.

Now, you will hear things like: 

"She is a mess." "She talks all the time"
"Oh my God, can you believe she just said (fill in the blank)"
"She is wearing me out!"
"She is so busy"

and Ryan hears:
"No baby" "you are so smart!"
"Stop that baby" "I love you"
"No, don't say that" "You can have some water but no juicin" (that's what she calls juice)
"Ryan, where are you?!!!!"
"No toque" (don't touch in spanish)
"Are you serious?"

My how things are changing.

2 comments: